Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Ugly Truth (movie)

"The Ugly Truth" isn't really ugly, but I'd still call it "Unattractive". It had some good moments in it. Some pretty funny scenes, one good joke on the characters. But overall, I didn't laugh as much as I would want to by sitting through it.

Apart from being a pretty standard Chick-Flick, not any sort of 'battle of the sexes' as it claims to be, this movie makes me afraid that some people will believe the Ugly Truth that is espoused by the main man. They don't really debunk it, after all, and it seems to be a popular thought in our culture. One that I disagree with. A gross over-simplification of one type of person represented by the characters in the film. Reality is far more complicated then they make it out to be. There is more than one type of man and more than one type of woman.

But this is probably being a little paranoid. Who could take a chick-flick seriously?

I did like Katherine Heigl's acting. I'm not highly acquainted with her acting, but I found that her quirks of facial expression endearing in this movie. It fit the insecure, yet weirdly arrogant, control-freak she played. But this is the best thing I can say for the movie.

Perhaps I'm just tired of reviewing Chick-Flicks. Which is similar to reviewing the taste of various ketchups from fast-food joints. There isn't that much difference and, while popular and good with potatoes, not that deep or involved.

1 comment:

Good Chapters: