Friday, July 9, 2010

Labyrinth (1986 movie, many watches)

Even though I've seen it many times, the movie Labyrinth is "Still Entertaining". I didn't like it the first time I saw it (probably mostly because my sister did like it) but it has grown on me. There are a number of quotable moments, there are songs, and there's fun fantasy everywhere. 'Fantasy' is dominant to 'reality' in this movie which it hardly even deigns to interact with.

Puppets beat computer animation every time. It is such a pity that we don't see this type of "visual effect" more often now a days. It at once looks more real and less real that computer animation. To me, they are more fun to look at.

Outside the puppets, however, the acting isn't always stellar but it isn't distracting. David Bowie makes a wonderful king of the goblins with his infamous glowing, growing crotch.

Labyrinth is a pretty popular movie that most people have seen. If you haven't, it is probably worth the view. Unless you really don't like fantastic and fun movies, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: