Saturday, July 27, 2013

Running Barefoot.

After wearing thin, minimal sandals almost everywhere, running and walking, work and play, inside, outside, safe or not, I feel qualified to make a few quick, perfunctory statements.
  1. They work pretty well. At least if your feet aren't already falling apart on you. if your legs and joints aren't suffering a bit. They take a bit of getting used to and new muscle development, so don't take it as an advert and always think for yourself. But they work well. Our feet and legs were designed to walk barefoot.
  2. But not on rock. They don't work on rock. Our legs do not work on rock. And by rock I mean sidewalk. Concrete. 
I have not worn these thin sandles running every time. Today, I ran down some city streets. When I can, I go into yards and dirt and grass.

Where my stride truly becomes natural. On the rock, I'm tiptoeing. it's not working very well. On soil, it's fine.

Course, sidewalk isn't good for anyone. No matter what footwear you have on. It's hard to avoid. We are always provided with ample access to everything we shouldn't have.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: