Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Google Adwords History

  • March 26 - I requested administrative access to the Colorado Youth Corps Association (it has a typo in the original email: 'Colorado Youth Corps Assocation') Google for Nonprofits account. Current administrators have 14 days to respond before Google reviews the account and transfers ownership.
  • April 9 - request for administrative access has been approved. Original owners have been "removed from the account and will no longer show as administrators. (typo still present).
  • April 15 - begin working on Google Grant again. I can manage One Today. I also decide that using this email is probably a bad idea and set up an email strictly to manage Association (CYCA) ads. This email isCYCA.AdManager@gmail.com
  • April 16 - CYCA.AdManager@gmail.com requests access to Google for Nonprofits. scaeascaea@gmail.comapproves request. (Copied and showing only the CYCA.AdManager@gmail.com emails below; for AdManager, the typo is fixed; for scaeascaea@gmail it is not.)
  • April 16 - I have problems setting up the account. The link in Google's PDF are outdated (PDF is still posted and should be removed, replaced with the site that is current). Calling Google, I have to cancelCYCA.AdManager@gmail.com access to AdWords account (notification shown below) I re-set up using the link onAd Grant Help - Ad Grant Creation Guide.
  • April 16 - I do successfully set up an account with CYCA.AdManager@gmail.com though the link at the Creation Guide bypassing billing and begin writing an ad. I leave it be for a bit, realizing that it is probably not yet fully set up.
  • Late April - After talking with the Executive Director, we decide to put some attention to this advertising opportunity. I go and write some ads, and try to get set up. I realize that I cannot make any ads live. Calling Google, I am told that there is still another account that administers this grant and is approved. But I don't know who it is. Thinking it might be that old original owner who was "removed from the account" in April, I try talking with the past Directors of the Association. No one knows the old account.
  • May 15 - reply to my questions from Google Adword Support by Jai. Sent in the above part of my Adwords history.
  • Because of failures mostly on my end, and my inability to locate past Resource Development lead Blaine McFeeley, we are unable to communicate and resolve issues until June 1. But, by the beginning of June, I can now access our Adwords Account through scaeascaea@gmail.com, and can view old ads and make new ones.
  • However, the account is disabled. Hoping to be able to re-enable this account.
  • June 15 - call to activate account, sent an email to authorize activations of scaeascaea@gmail.com @ 621-371-8608. Should be active and working tomorrow.
Edward M. Richardson
AmeriCorps DOI/VISTA, Colorado Youth Corps Association
BLM Colorado State Office
2850 Youngfield Street
Lakewood, Colorado 80215

You must Be the change for change to happen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: