Thursday, June 4, 2020

Thanks to Diane Mitch Bush

In March this year, along with all my co-workers, I was rapidly laid off due to a global pandemic that was affecting Ski Areas early and heavily. Since that time, 6 people in my small local community have died from that same disease. I think the decision to close was appropriate and even necessary, and I don't argue with that. But all of a sudden, I had no income. When applying for unemployment, in this emergency, I was asked by the State of Colorado to please wait to apply. There was some federal aid coming, and they were getting thousands of new applications and they could not keep up. So, kindly, I acquiesced to their request. I checked in regularly, and once I was allowed to apply, I tried.
And I didn't succeed for a month.
By then, I had nearly begun to work again. By the time I was able to request my unemployment, I was working more than 32 hours a week, and not allowed to request my payments.
Frustrated, I tried to contact the department of Labor and Unemployment, but no phone numbers could contact anyone. Even in good times, they are hard to contact, and now they were more over-worked and low on resources than ever.
So I harassed my elected officials, and they tried to help. But when Diane Mitch Bush reached back out, who is not yet my representative, she got me in contact with someone who helped me out almost immediately. Within three days of Ms. Mitch-Bush offering a hand up, I had solved my troubles with the Unemployment system.
This is just one reason I will be voting for her in the primary, and the general, elections. Thank you, Diane, you are one of a kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: