Thursday, May 3, 2007

Motivation

I made some headway on this topic since my "Procrastination Piece 1" piece... Talking with my cousin gives good philosophy sometimes, though most of this was through my own conflicting motivations.

That's the theory, "Conflicting Motivations". Perhaps one of the reasons we don't end up doing a lot, procrastinating on things we like is we have conflicting motivations. Each motivation has something it wants to do and something it doesn't want to do and a few things it'll tolerate. But if you have 5 or 6 of these, you won't get anything done. Instead of the negative things cancelling out, the postives do. Each motivation says "Do this!"; but the others says "No". A second suggests "We'll do This!"; the first says "No we wont! I want to do this"; a third says "Lets do That." the other two say "Over my dead body!". And so on. They just don't agree. And then, though they all agree you should do something, you don't end up doing anything. And life sucks.

I wonder if this can be applied to any other facet of human life........

My other thought on 'motivation' (which is actually a pretty standard theory of mine as it really applies to Everything in reality) is that lack of motivation, which leads to procrastination, is probably derived differently every time. Nothing is completely like another thing ever, really. So each time you lack motivation, there are probably a slightly different variety of factors that lead to it than last time. A few days ago, my primary problem was conflicting motivations. I wanted to write a bit on my epic, but I didn't want to turn on a computer. And I didn't want to work on 'The Rest of the Crap' (which is all on notebook paper) because I wanted to work in Semfen.
Just not on a Fucking computer. I need to get a Mac.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: