Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alice in Wonderland (2010 movie)

I realize something with the viewing of Alice in Wonderland: Tim Burton is unimpressive. I think he has succeeded as a hollywood "artist" only because he has a characteristic visual flare. There are some movies of his I have liked, but he has a tendency to take a good story and commercialize it into a dime-a-dozen paperback. He did it with Planet of the Apes (which, only now, I realize I never published as a review...) and now he has done it with Alice in Wonderland. This movie is a really "Poor Attempt".

It's now just some (Spoiler alert as much as anyone could spoil it) random action story about killing a dragon with a magic sword under the gaze of an evil, big-headed Queen who usurped her throne from her younger sister. With Johnny Depp, of course.

Meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: