Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spore (2008 Computer Game, Playing on Windows Vista Laptop)

Spore is a good idea and a fun game at times. But the execution is rather amateur. Actually, the execution is excruciatingly, unplayably amateur. I have come to expect that out of EA, but it is still disappointing.

I have a very high standard for a video game to look up to. If I ever finish playing a video game, then it is usually rated at least 9/10 by most sources. The worst part of Spore, and what renders it worthless, is the control which the player has. If it weren't for the difficulty in doing such simple things as walking forward, then I may have gotten a little farther.

Supposably, this game was retooled before it was released, making it less realistic, more cartoony, less to do with evolution and more casual; I find this a royal disappointment. I would have loved to see Spore developed by Maxis before they were swallowed by the piteousness that is EA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: