Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Futurama: Bender's Big Score and Bender's Game (2007 and 2008 movies respectively)

If you can pick out your favorite character in Futurama, you have a far more organized mind than I do. I like them all fairly well, but none of them very well. What is more remarkable to me is the cast as an ensemble. I am sure that this Futurama is one of those projects that really just writes itself. And hardly even gets a glance over for re-writes.

I like Futurama and I like the Simpsons, but these two movies are about as random as one can possibly get. Bender's Big Score a little more so than Bender's Game.

Still, they are both very fun movies. Quick entertainment if you want a quick fix. Neither one has a very satisfying ending and it is obvious, after watching both of them, that there is nothing of a 'canon' to speak of in Futurama. They do not end in such a way that anything is meant for after them; but with how "Wacky" each episode (for that's what these movies are: episodes) is, that doesn't matter. Nothing is supposed to make much sense. I don't think. There are quite a few recurring themes and returning jokes with the overall plot being simply demented.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: