Monday, December 3, 2012

Dear RTD

I have been an advocate for public transportation my entire life. And I still will be. We cannot afford to pollute this poor planet any more! We have already lost winter in Denver. But sadly, you have lost in me a very valuable customer and, over the next month or so, at least $100.

I realize that the bus waits for no one. But after missing connections, often because busses are over-filled, and paying $10 per day to suffer through this, and in the end having to call for other rides to pick up our stranded asses (which saves nothing for the environment) I wonder:

Where the hell is the lightrail? Why are we still using antiquated busses for public transportation in a city that is so supportive of this failing public transportation? As long as you interact with the regular traffic, you will be unreliable. And unusable for so many people. And now, that even includes me. Between the advertisements, the $2-5 fare, and the tax-payer support, and the paid parking, I find it hard to think that there isn't enough money to make this a little better.

Why aren't we getting better? Perhaps it is time that we demand something better.

So we will be finding ride-shares instead. Good bye, I hope you can figure out something in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: