Friday, June 14, 2013

Human Nature - quick thought

I do not believe that people are inherently evil. Most of the time when someone cites 'human nature' as a reason for human behavior, I scoff it down a bit. What is human nature? To be social, sure. We tend to like each other even if we don't want to and even if we don't deserve it. We... walk upright. We... uh, hold things. We smile. We laugh. Outside of this, I am not sure. Are people mostly made of 'nurture', are our beings how we are raised and the societies influences? Or are we 'nature'? Ourselves? Individuals? Free Will... Sometimes I think it's 50/50; other times I am sure we are mostly nurture; sometimes I am sure we are more nature than anyone gives us credit for. But whatever that nature may be, it is almost impossible to distinguish from our nurturing. What goes into the recipe after it comes out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: