Friday, February 26, 2010

Green and Black's Organic Mint Dark Chocolate bar (food)

I love me dark chocolates! Yeah! Green and Blacks is usually very, very good.

But this bar is "Very Minty" and, for my taste, is far too minty. If that's what you want, however, this is a good dark bar that's mostly mint. I would have appreciated more chocolate flavor being allowed to surface from below the blanketing flavor of the peppermint oil though. It is a very solid bar for having such a small cocoa flavor showing. Not creamy at all, rather a little dusty once it breaks down. It is still a 60% cocoa bar, after all.

Next time, I'll definitely try a different mint if I'm going that way. For G&B, I'll stick with they pure chocolate bars, (And flavors I haven't tried, of course)

1 comment:

  1. I have not had G & B Mint Dark Chocolate, as it is not sold where I live (I have had other G & B chocolate bars). Although a lover of both dark chocolate and mint, I find that mint can bring out the bitterness rather than sweetness of dark chocolate. Sugar nicely complements mint. A nice combination is dark chocolate with a sweetened mint interior.

    ReplyDelete

Good Chapters: