Monday, February 8, 2010

Julie & Julia (2009 movie, pre-read)

"Julie and Julia" entertained me. A bit. It was fun. Sometime. But it was a little like a "kiddie's emotional roller coaster". It didn't really go very high, and though it got lower than it got high, it didn't actually go all that low; but it went between them a lot!

I was never one for roller coasters. Not because they are scary, but because they are boring and get tiresome and aren't worth the line. This wasn't worth the hype.

I personally enjoyed Meryl Streep's Julia Child far more than Amy Adams Julie Powell. Julia Child was fun to watch, her interaction with Paul Child was seamless and unique (not quite so lustful and such). Julie Powell was the angst-y up and down one. I never really cared about her or any of her difficulties which come off as fairly paltry. Julia was up beat and interesting even when she was having difficulties.

Overall, the movie was worth the time I spent watching it, I guess, but I didn't get much in any direction out of it. I don't necessarily recommend it, but it isn't worth avoiding either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: