Monday, March 1, 2010

Bridget Jones the Edge of Reason by Helen Fielding

I had started reading this book just after I finished the first Bridget Jones book and apparently reached my limit for listening to neurotic fictional women half way through because I put it down in favor of You Suck and Death Comes for the Arch Bishop, books I didn't particularly enjoy. Yay, me! I finally finished the damn thing.

Originally, I had some pretty harsh notes on the book. I verbally abused it pretty bad. Now that I'm through it, I'm not quite so harsh on it. However, the beginning is maddening! The ending makes up for it a bit, but I think I'm still gonna go with my original idea for the rating of "Gaaa!". Through most of this book, Bridget Jones isn't on "the Edge of Reason", she has hurled herself impressively far off that cliff. She's a bleeding psychopath!

While the first book was really like a new version of Pride and Prejudice, the second one is more like a modern version of Jane Eyre(head). 'Cause she's a bleeding airhead. I apologize to fans of that book, but if you relate to this woman, you should probably go get yourself some therapy. Perhaps take some of the moral advice that comes with the ending of this book and cease being able to relate with Bridget any longer.

Now I just need to watch the second movie and I'll have completed a study of Bridget Jones. I'm never gonna read the column, though, so I suppose I finish with a Bachelors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: