Saturday, September 25, 2010

Adam Grabowski (comedian, September 23 at Western State College)

"Like, really? I don't know. Really. I have no idea."

That's what you will hear at an Adam Grabowski show. About 277 times. "Life is harder of me" was a segment he did, along with a short beg to believe that these things actually happen to him.

Apart from that, he has some good jokes. Adam can be very funny when he isn't pleading with his audience or humbling himself with his favorite phrase ("I really don't know. I have No. I. Dea."). A lot of people have built in humbling phrases or actions (mine, actually, is "I don't know", along with "I think this might just could maybe be possible but I could be wrong"), but they should be weeded from performances or any kind. I hope he doesn't say that so often when he's substitute teaching.

Adam tells a lot of jokes about men and women, and about picking up women, which are unpalatable to a great many people. Like any comedian, he can offend. Also, like most comedians, he has good points about stupid stuff that people do. He doesn't touch on really "important" issues, he isn't one of those comedians who makes you laugh and then leaves you with some deep thoughts, which disappoints me (especially when his tag line was "Comedian and Life Commentator"), but he elicits laughs.

 he seems very personable, and a nice person in his post-show demeanor. He just needs to work on his delivery. Stop saying "I don't know", I understand he

He can be "Funny", but he is little more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: