Wednesday, April 25, 2007

What is Wrong with Todays Gamers?

They are so fuckin' broken! Graphics! Violence! Gore! Yes
Cute! Ahhh! Get away from me!
What are you, afraid of being called a fag? Whatever you are, you goddamned paranoid.
What do graphics even matter? Everywhere I go, the people are saying: "The Graphics are awesome!" "Those graphics suck." "It has interesting graphics." "I don't like the graphics." "I really like the graphics."
That's it. Not a word on sound, or gameplay, or inventiveness. Just bloody graphics.
At least on line...
For some reason, all the people I talk to in reality say: "Yah, I think graphics are good enough. I liked the Super Nintendo."
People talk about the "Next Generation Expireance" when I say: "Dreamcast could push all the graphics I could ever want. If you like 3D games, the SNES couldn't really do it. Saturn and 64 could a little, but it didn't work great (although the 64 could, it often didn't) and Dreamcast worked phenominally." I don't need a fuckin' 360 to have fun. In fact, I don't think I could have fun on a 360. All the games I see for it are just like what I saw for Dreamcast. And 64. A little prettier, but basically the same. There are few new plots that really take advantage of the capabilities Video Gaming has as a story telling medium, and there is little in the way of innovative play techniques (besides a few little changes to a very stale formula).
The Wii is very interesting as far as the new machines go. The DS has some creativity as well. Perhaps something that could be fun is for manufacures of bigger things (like treadmills) made things to connect to these machines and we could have a truly interactive expireance.
Control is what we should focus on.
Make a controller that is shaped like a frisbee and lets have the first Ultimate Video Game! (Mind you, it will never compare with going out side with a frisbee!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: