Monday, November 9, 2009

Gears of War 2 (XBox 360)

All I played of this game was an online "hoard" match with three people. I didn't play the story and I didn't play very long. I never got used to the controls, really, though I did get to the point where I could survive for a little while. I don't have a very deep knowledge of this game, but I will still give a review of what I did experience:

This game is really, really "Slow". Your character is a hulking creature with an automatic weapon. You spend all your time crouching behind something and then shooting out from behind it. Then hiding again. Then shooting again. Then something gets close to you and dismembers you. Yay. Then you do it again. You can punch things really hard, and you can sorta stand up against an enemy for a little while... But for the most part, you're shooting from behind cover. And then run your massive bulk to a new piece of cover. With all the turning radius of a rocket ship.

The people I played with thought the game was great. They had the first one as well. They had played a lot and were pretty good at it, so there must be something for FPS fans (even though it's not really First Person...), but it wasn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: