Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Town Called Panic (2009 movie)

A Town Called Panic is "NOT for Everyone"; it is in french and it has subtitles.

And it is animated like vomit.

But I loved the movie. It is strange in the finest and makes about as much sense as a platypus-taur, but it was erroneously entertaining for me. The surreality engenders a sense of adventure which is surprising.

Mostly, it is just funny, though. That's the whole point. It's bleeding funny. If, of course you can get past the choppy stop-motion animation which makes Wallace and Gromit look like a Pixar masterpiece (which is something of a misnomer - I think Wallace and Gromit looks better. Makes it look like Final Fantasy in plot coherency and graphics.)

It was recommended to me because I like Monty Python; if you like almost everything in the Flying Circus, then look up this movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: