Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009 movie, missed the beginning, never read)

"Cussin' Funny". I like the sense of humor in The Fantastic Mr. Fox. George Clooney's Mr. Fox reminds me  reminds me of Ulysses Everett McGill from Oh Brother Where Art Thou, which I think is the best role I have seen him in. Now, there are two roles which are hard to choose between.

Too bad they are so similar; That might say a something about the mans acting ability, but he was pretty good in Men Who Stare at Goats as well, so I wont be the one to say it.

The first thing that most anyone will notice is that the animation style is very unique. I thought that it would be horrendously distracting throughout the movie, and that it would never have been accepted when Sleeping Beauty was new, but it fits the story and fits itself so well that it does nothing of the kind. It may not have been accepted in 1959, but it is very impressive now.

Still, there aren't veyr many movies this style will work well with. This movie is unique.

Wes Anderson, the writer and director, is far more of an impressive writer/director than the block-busting James Cameron. He's only made 8 movies, but all of them that I have seen I have found impressive at the least. They don't have the same mass appeal as Cameron, but have more of a controversial nature. That cannot be liked by everyone. And is therefore better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: