Monday, October 5, 2009

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (playstation 3, uncompleted)

Meh, I've seen better than BlazBlue. But not really for a 2D fighting game. The story is intricate and branching, which is intriguing and smashing, impressive for a fighting game... But most fighting games don't have a great story (Tournament time! All the greatest fighters are going to battle for a belt, or some such thing, against a supernaturally powerful opponent! Yay!) but the game-play isn't something I went wild over.

Then again, I'm biased. I'm not much of a fighting game fan.

The characters are all fairly different. There is a "drive" button which acts very differently for every character and its use is governed by a status bar which is different for every character, so that's impressive as well.

But the combo style is still similar for everyone. Roll from down-to-back, or forward-to-back, or wherever-to-wherever, and push a button.

So I waffle a bit. Overall, it's kinda "Blazé". I can see why everyone's goin' ape-shit over the title, but I never will. It's spiffy that you can play online with anyone, but I never will. So if you're a gamer like me, (who doesn't have a PS3), who doesn't like fighting games, and who doesn't really go online a lot, then it's not that impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: