Monday, October 26, 2009

City Slickers (movie, rewatched)

I really like the little cartoon at the beginning of this movie. That used to be popular, but isn't anymore and I'm not sure why. If was funny. Perhaps the guy's just not doing it anymore...

That's one of the best things to recommend this movie.

I used to like City Slickers. It's still OK, but it's not something that entertains me a lot. It happened to be on television when I was making myself a new wallet, so I kinda watched it, but if I hadn't have been otherwise engaged, I would have turned it off.

Curly's still a cool bad-ass guy. But Billy Crystal's character (Mitch Robbins) is annoying. It's nice that he grows up a little by the end of the movie, but he's so angstie! I couldn't stand it! Even when he's 'grown up', he's fixated on one thing (just like Curly told him): Curly.

Also, I think I'm being too harsh on the movie. It's got a decent composition. The plot moves seamlessly even though there are a few major seams. The characters are well defined. I'm just depressed by Mitch's weird dysfunctional family. It makes me feel... "trapped". Which, I suppose, they were going for, so they hit what they are aiming for. I just don't like it.

"Meh". It's ok. For the late 80's. Unfortunately, it's a movie from the early 90's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: