Monday, January 18, 2010

Sherlock Holms (movie, barely read)

Eh, I thought it was "Okay". Nothing great, but better than most modern dramatically action-oriented adaptions.

Sherlock Holmes was, at least, an interesting character full of flaws and not the Perfect Creature that he has been made out to be. He is intelligent, but such a drug addict that unless he has a good crime to put his mind to, he goes pretty batty.

That is the primary source of humor in the movie.

The fight predictions were an interesting touch, too.

Watson was also a better character than he often is and a more major part of the story. Really, it is more about their partnership and the duo than just ol' Holmes.

Other than that, it was fireballs and major city destruction to industrial-age England. Meh. I'm kinda bored of fire on a screen. I'd rather go camping.

If you are a avid (rabid) fan of Sherlock Holmes, it might be important to you to know that the chronology is highly manipulated. That's the only detail that I know is screwy. I haven't read much of Sherlock Holmes and my information comes from friends.

Otherwise, it's good. Better (read: smarter) than most action movies. But not something I would normally spend money on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: