Sunday, January 29, 2012

Splentastic

I was working at a concessions stand when someone concerned about eating healthy tried to buy something. It happens occasionally. Some poor soul doomed to fail in his goal. For there is nothing I sell that I would actually buy myself. And as the stellar salesman that I am, I often tell people this.

Just trying to be helpful.

There was one man who decided to get a {insert name here} Zero because there are less calories.

But I am not sure that ingesting a chemistry lab project is really all that healthy. True there are a load of people in this country with diabetes, and the over-consumption of sugar (in all of its forms: cane, corn, and all). But really.... is a fake sugar better?

From all the nutritional information I have been reading lately (like the god-awfully dense Good Calories Bad Calories - great book: I recommend it. But I also agree with Laura Vanderkam's opinion on the book) the signs point to no. You might as well eat sugar.

If you are concerned about diabetes, don't eat that either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: