Sunday, January 15, 2012

What in the Hell?

The People for the American Way sent me an email recently:

"After years of learning about the details of an American decision-making system centered on exploitation and extraction, MSNBC host Dylan Ratigan lost his temper on-air. Instead of just being angry, Dylan wrote GREEDY BASTARDS: How We Can Stop Corporate Communists, Banksters, and Other Vampires from Sucking America Dry. In the book, Dylan, who is emerging as a leading voice and dedicated ally against out-of-control corporate influence in government, reveals the details of this broken system, and more importantly, what we can do today to fix it." They said.


I thought: "Hm. Yep. Greedy Bastards, all right. They are everywhere. We do reward the most satanic behaviour best."


Then at the end of the email they encouraged me to pre-order a copy at Barns & Noble or Amazon.


Now... That's not doing a God Damned thing to stop the greedy bastards. I'll admit, I don't know as much about Barns and Noble's business, but I do know about Amazon and everything that I have heard about them is bad. They use monopolistic pricing (joining Walmart in selling Harry Potter 7 for cost - something a small bookstore could never achieve), they push out competition and reduce competitiveness with their little ebook thingy. And though I don't know too much about Barns and Noble, I know that they are big business, not real business, and just for that my assumption is that they don't do much to foster competition in their market.


If you want to Stop the Greedy Bastards, going there is not the way to do it. Buy from a local bookstore instead! That might but a stutter in the step of all those Greedy Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Good Chapters: